The Dominion Astrophysical Observatory Spectroscopic Plate Archive
DAO Spectroscopic Plate Archive Site Map
A summary of resources available under each menu at the top of the
DAO Spectroscopic Plate Archive web pages is provided below.
- Click on this menu heading to return to the DAO Spectroscopic Plate Archive home page.
- Plate Archive Query: Use this query form to browse the available collection of digitized FITS spectra from archival DAO
1.2-m and 1.8-m photographic plates that have been scanned and ingested into the Canadian Astronomy Data Centre's
- Plate Catalogue Query: Use this query form to search the content of the DAO spectroscopic plate catalogue.
Users should note that archival DAO log books are still being converted to on-line metadata so this catalogue is not yet
complete. Contact us if you are looking for spectra for a particular source not found in your search.
- Access Your DAOSPA PI Data: Use this form to view all digitized spectra that you have
personally requested from the DAO plate collection. The proprietary period is normally one year
from the time of FITS file creation.
- Proprietary DAOSPA Query Page: This form is identical to the regular DAO Spectroscopic Plate Archive
query page except the user is prompted for his/her CADC identification and password.
This then enables "marking" of the user's proprietary datasets for retrieval.
- What's New?: We will use this page to provide updates on new features of the
DAO Spectroscopic Plate Archive web site or significant updates to the database content.
- Documentation: This page provides detailed documentation about how plate scans are
carried out and what processing is performed in producing the final FITS product.
- Site Map: This page!
- Query Form Help: This page contains more detailed information describing how to use the
achive query forms to constrain your DAO Spectroscopic Plate Archive searches.
- Programmatic Data Access: This page described how you can retrieve DAO Spectroscopic
Plate Archive files from within your own scripts rather than using the web interface.
- The DAO Science Archive: This web site provides access to more modern data acquired with
electronic detectors on the DAO 1.2-m and 1.8-m telescopes.
- The DAO Telescopes Home Page: This web site provides technical information about
the DAO telescopes, available instrumentation, observing tools, and DAO publication information
- DAO Telescope Publications: This link provides details of publications based in whole
or in part on data acquired with one or both of the DAO telescopes. If any of your papers do
NOT appear on these pages please let us know!
- The CADC Home Page: This menu item provides a link to the Canadian Astronomy Data
Centre home page.
- CADC Advanced Search: The CADC's Advanced Search Page can be used to search for
data from several of the CADC's data collections from a single form.
- The HIA Home Page: This menu item provides a link to the Herzberg Institute of
Astrophysics home page.
- Clicking on this menu button provides details about the acknowledgements we would
appreciate you including in any papers that make use of DAO Spectroscopic Plate Archive data or CADC resources.
This information is also provided in the footer of each DAO Spectroscopic Plate Archive web page.
DAO telescope users are requested to acknowledge the use of the DAO facilities in their
publications. The preferred form is a footnote to the author's byline, such as:
*Based on observations obtained at the Dominion Astrophysical Observatory,
Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics, National Research Council of Canada.
If you have used CADC facilities for your research, please also include the following
acknowledgment in any publications:
This research used the facilities of the Canadian Astronomy Data Centre
operated by the National Research Council of Canada with the support of the
Canadian Space Agency.